Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C Hydraulic Filter Sensor

Steve Rodd · 2022-11-26 13:18

Hi folks. I have a Case 580 C I’m restoring. I need to know where the sensor for the hydraulic filter is located. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042022-11-26 14:17

    On a D, it's in the filter head. google casece parts books and you can see a parts breakdown for your machine

  2. #2Steve Rodd2022-11-27 11:14

    Thanks Mitch. I just don’t see any type of wires up in there to bring the warning light on.

  3. #3mitch5042022-11-27 13:05

    There will only be one wire to the sensor, it just grounds when it reads pressure to the inlet side of the filter. If the bare wire is touching the machine anywhere it will turn the light on. https://www.minnpar.com/manuals5.as...) 580 series parts manuals&SSSFName=CASE 580C Here is a link to the service and parts manuals for your machine. Minnpar is a reputable company that makes these available for free, hoping to sell you parts. Good luck

  4. #4Steve Rodd2022-11-27 20:11

    Thanks. I think I found where the wire is supposed to go. Much help guys! Thanks a lot !