Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c loader lifting ability

jpeters ยท 2020-02-18 10:42

I am wanting a way to unload or move pallets with 3000 lbs of blasting sand on them. I know I can install the forklift forks on the front of the bucket but that will not lift 3000lbs. I was thinking about building 2 skids I can slide under the pallet and hook a chain with a spreader between them and hook to the hooks I have welded to the top of my bucket. Anyone done this?

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-02-18 11:21

    Not me. Can you unload some of the sand from the pallet ?

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2020-02-18 12:04

    The lift capacity of the loader is rated at 4698lbs, that is a full bucket of material. With forks you will loose some mechanical advantage but should be able to lift the 3000lbs you need. Of course this all depends on the condition of your hydraulics.

  3. #3jpeters2020-02-18 12:44

    I read somewhere that someone has experimented with forks on a 580C and could not lift more that 2000lbs. Yes I can unload some of the sand and I may have to do that. 100 lb bags take a toll on my 64 year old back though.

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-02-19 10:55

    Raise the bucket to a comfortable height and slide the bags into it. I have moved pallets of concrete blocks with a chain on each side of it, with a spreader on top of the blocks. I attached one chain to each of the loader frame right where the bucket pins are.

  5. #5Bls repair2020-02-19 11:55

    If you get extra pallets you can put empty pallet on forks and split load. It will be easier to drop two pallets then take bags out of bucket and put back on pallet. Once spit on pallets you can move whenever you want with machine