Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c Power Shuttle Rebuild Trouble

freeagent ยท 2023-07-09 19:34

I bought this 580c and a few hours into running it I lost forward travel. Pressure tested the power shuttle and found the pressure drops when shifting into forward and never comes back up. I ordered a rebuild kit and pulled the shuttle yesterday. Tore it down and found the Belleville spring grenaded and tore up the forward clutch piston and cylinder pretty good. I am ordering replacements, but I opened up my rebuild kit to check everything out and found the forward clutch pressure plates in my kit are very different from the ones that were in my power shuttle. see pics. I would have just assumed that I got the wrong parts, but looking at the service and parts manuals, the replacements I got look to be correct while the ones I removed seem incorrect. I know this shuttle was rebuilt two owners ago so I guess its possible they used the wrong parts, but it seems unlikely it would have lasted this long if that were the case. I was hoping someone might be able to tell by the pictures which clutches and pressure plates are the correct ones. The new ones seem to fit VERY tight in the drum when assembled, but the piston and cylinder are messed up enough that i'm not sure if that is was is making them so tight. The ones I removed sit about a 1/4 shy of the teeth on the drum while the new ones are just a hair proud of the teeth. Thanks in advance for any insight

Replies0

No replies yet.