Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C shuttle

bannerd ยท 2016-08-17 06:33

Took the tranny off the bell housing last night on the Case 580C. It was leaking pretty good from the bell housing. After pressuring the TC it passed. So I went ahead and popped the old seal out.. which came out easy. Pushed the new seal in that I ordered from Dale by hand. I went halfway but the seal was a bit loose. When I pushed it flush the seal was nice and tight. These seals go in half way.. anyone push the seal in all the way and did it work? My only option is to measure the snout and see how far off it would be from the snout on the TQ.

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2016-08-17 12:54

    The seal goes in halfway? I dunno from nuttin on Case, but that doesn't sound right to this tired old wrench....