Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C shuttle rebuild

richbrz · 2026-04-25 23:20

I have decided to rebuild my shuttle trans and replace the torque converter. I see in my repair manual there is a special tool to align the flex plate on the torque converter. I cant find one for sale. Does anyone have specs on this tool? it looks like a flat bar with a hole in the center and holes toward the ends with spacers welded on it. it looks easy enough to make but I need the specs. Anyone used one of these tools? Pt No. D51651

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2026-04-28 06:39

    No tool like that is needed. I used Coy Lancaster's method on my 680C and it worked quite well. It is described in detail in this thread. ↓↓ HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Grambo2026-06-26 11:24

    There was a post a guy made for the tool being made, but you need a 3D printer, I’ve printed the tool works just fine

  3. #3Tinkerer2026-06-26 16:23

    Have you considered making a few of them and selling them to HEF members ? Coy's method works just fine but some people may feel more confident using the tool.