Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580CK Backhoe Pin needed

All442muscle ยท 2016-11-25 17:48

Gents, I am about to purchase an early model case 450 Crawler loader with a factory case backhoe attachment. The only problem is that it is missing the pins which hold the backhoe in place. see pictures below, does anyone know the circumference of these pins? Just wondering if I can get a suitable replacement from the local tractor supply store or if I need to special order these from case dealer. The picture below is from a backhoe but the pins are the same. Thanks! V/R, Nick

Replies6
  1. #1franklin22016-11-25 19:03

    You just need something to hold it in place till you get it home?

  2. #2fast_st2016-11-25 20:12

    I'll see if I can measure mine tomorrow, I don't think its a hardened pin judging by the size.

  3. #3All442muscle2016-11-25 20:26

    @franklin2 - thats correct but I would need pins eventually to be able to operate backhoe. @Fast_st - any help is greatly appreciated. And I need diameter and not circumference. Brain was running slow a little to much turkey.

  4. #4Delmer2016-11-25 23:43

    Looks about an inch and a quarter from here. I'd get some hitch pins around that size and see how they fit if you're trying to save a trip. Might be able to find the diameter in a parts catalog or online catalog (coleman?). No way I'd use anything softer than a hitch pin for that. When they bend you'll have to cut them to get them out again.

  5. #5Juskatla2016-11-27 18:03

    Pin Picture Sorry I took so long to get this put up. The pin is 1 1/2 dia with a 3/4 x 3" square stock welded across one end, 7 1/2" long overall. The opposite end has a slight taper for easier fitting and a hole for a clip. I don't think its anything special as far as material and if you can find a ready made pin that is 1 1/2" dia, the length won't be as critical once the threaded rods are tightened up. Most of the weight is carried on the lower pins anyway. .

  6. #6Billrog2016-11-27 21:11

    I make a lot of my backhoe ( bucket pins) out of hydraulic ram shafts and they work well. I cut a grove in them with an angle grinder or cut off saw and use a snap ring rather than drill them. Would be easy to weld a stop on one end I welded a ring on the end of the one I made for the bucket quick change. Machine shops often have this shafting of different sizes and can cut off what you need. I happen to have a few kicking around from damaged hydraulic cylinders I've picked up over the years.