Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580CK Bucket Teeth

Offshore 1 ยท 2020-02-21 21:17

I had a tooth fall out of the backhoe bucket the other day. I was initially really confused at to how it was retained in the bucket. Turns out a rubber o ring type material is inserted into the holder, and the tooth is then installed, presumably with just friction holding it in place. The backhoe is a 33S, and the tooth type is a Pengo 6-14B. Does anyone have any idea where I could find these rubber retainers, or whether the is an alternative way to hold the teeth in place?

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2020-02-21 21:47

    Could be wrong but I think that's similar a cat stile on my mini hoe buckets ?

  2. #2Offshore 12020-02-22 17:55

    Thanks for the reply. You may be right, but from what I can tell they are pretty rare. Searching the part number on the tooth brings up nothing. Definitely a strange one. Might try some large o ring lengths down each side of the holder and see if that works.

  3. #3Ronsii2020-02-22 19:21

    If you can't find them anywhere then I'd just carve one out of rubber... saying that is what it's completely made of and you have a close idea of what it is supposed to look like...

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-02-22 19:58

    Any markings on the bucket that may indicate who made it ? A picture of the mount may help someone identify it.

  5. #5Theweldor2020-02-22 20:01

    You could also change the shanks to a style more readily available near you.

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-02-23 10:48

    Like TheWeldor sez, change the shanks for normal #23 style bucket teeth. They are normally on Case buckets. The teeth are cheap and readily available everywhere. New shanks can be purchased for less than $20.00 each. I looked at Pengo teeth and all I saw were auger teeth. I am guessing that you don't have a OEM Case bucket on your 33 hoe. Or someone had cheep access to auger teeth and shanks.