Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580CK stabilizer work

drinderer ยท 2019-07-12 19:19

Just posting on here work I did on my case 580CK I was having a lot of play on my stabilizer where it mounts to the frame. I was not able to put new bushings on the stabilizer because the holes were egg shaped, so I ordered a piece of tube stock from McMaster Carr part number 6920T25 and cut it in half . I thought it was going to be finished dimensions but I had to have it machined internaly . The original piece appeared to be cast steel. I was able to cut out enough of the original with a torch. I welded in the new part and re assembled. I've only used it a couple of times but it seems to be working fine . I chose not to have it machined for bushings to keep the cost down and as I only us this machine occasionally around the house / farm . I did speak with my machinist about this job and he reccomended new pins also that they would also help on the play issue I was having.

Replies1
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-07-14 21:54

    Case never did put a grease fitting in those pins on the stab. leg I always thought because of dirt issue but who knows. Looks like you did a great job and if it works then all the better, did you think about drilling the boss for a grease fitting?