Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580D backhoe

spatten1 ยท 2013-10-18 20:51

How do I remove the upper and lower pins on the swivel housing so I can change the u joints and drive axle

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2013-10-18 22:27

    Welcome to the forum spatten1! You will need to fabricate a puller to remove the posts (#18). I have not done one of these for a long time. There is a threaded hole in the end of the pin, M16 from memory. I recall using either a threaded rod or a bolt with a number of washers, through a large socket. A piece of steel pipe or an old bushing would do the same trick.

  2. #2spatten12013-10-18 22:31

    do i have to remove the bearing first? or does it all come out in one piece? thank you for responding

  3. #3alrman2013-10-18 22:33

    Should all pull out together.

  4. #4spatten12013-10-18 22:37

    do i have to remove the bearing first? or does it all come out in one piece? thank you for responding

  5. #5spatten12013-10-18 22:39

    Thank you very much, I will try this tomorrow.