A tree limb snatched the power wire off the injection pump and when trying to fix it the stud keeps turning with the nut. And fuel is leaking from around the stud also. I can wrap the wire around the stud and the tractor runs. How do I fix this problem
replace the shutoff solenoid
Do I have to remove the injection pump to do this and where can I get the part at. Thanks
You can just pull the top off the pump and repair the solenoid.
Ok thanks
If you remove the top you can probably find fibre washers to seal it up or a local diesel shop probably has the correct seals, maybe it is just loose from turning it. If it runs when you connect it you do not have to replace the solenoid.
The stud has pulled away from the windings when u tighten the nut.. wrapping the wire around the stud or touching the wire to the stud allows it to complete its circuit. Woody, send me a prvt msg.. I might be able to help u out..