Hi guys, Im new to the equipment repair scene and Im hoping you guys can help me!!!! I just bought a Case 580d (approx a 1985) it has a D207 engine I bought it not running and quickly discovered that the Rocker arm shafts were both bent badly (I was told from the previous owner he over did it with starting fluid) also two of the four rocker shaft supports/mounts are broken. THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION- after approximately three days searching I cannot locate these parts anywhere, Does any one have any suggestions? Ive been to almost every tractor parts web site new/used etc and cannot locate these parts. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:usa
The D had a Case engine in it, your probably going to have to get the parts from Case. If...the pre-owner "overdid it with starting fluid" to the point of bending rocker pushrods and rocker supports, I think that would be the least of your problems. It's likely your going to find bent piston pushrods as well.
What ATCO said... Case is your only source for new ones. Keep track of the rocker stand bolts... One of em is hollow to oil the shafts/rockers... Up to serial # such and such it goes in the center stand. After serial # so and so it goes in the back stand.
Thanks for quick responses! Just to clarify I actually re,oved the cylinder head, Checked all the pushrods, removed all the valves and as weird as it sounds I see nothing else bent, or even remotely out of place. And Ironically I by some stoke of luck actually noticed that hollow bolt as it came out which was great. Thanks again
I didn't realize that the hollow bolt was used in the center position on some engines. The rocker arm shafts have a right and wrong way too. I think you will be lucky if that's all the damage that was done. I would pull the pistons out if it were mine. 207 blocks are getting harder to find and you don't want anything to happen to it. I understand the earlier 188 engine block is getting very hard to find. Phil
I was debating removing the pistons and inspecting them but wouldnt I see some type of damage on the cylinder wall if I had any type of ring damage? The engine actually still ran (only on two cylinders) but it ran. I dont see any even resemblance of scoreing on the cylinder walls ( I can actually still see the cross hatch marks on the cylinder walls. I was going to push my luck and see how it runs on all cylinders. Do think based on my observations I might get lucky?
repower that ole thing with a cummins...........i have seen alot of them out there that have bn relaced....just a thought...later:drinkup
Try these guys, they have some used rocker shafts. I have bought a few parts from them they are always very good used or new parts. http://www.alliedinfo.net/aqs/searc...mber=a38181&make=&model=&description=#results I always talk to Kevin Ellis.
Good idea, lots of used parts out there if you wanted to save a few bucks. Hope you don't have any broken piston rings. The D is my favourite hoe and worth spending money on. I had one once with the Cummins conversion. Phil