Can anyone help to identify what this wire is for and/or where it connects? The length is what is throwing me off as it was coiled up and unused when I purchased the machine. The wire colors are light blue/black. Wiring Diagram has not been much help since multiple wires are light blue/black.
Was for the return to dig circuit which never worked well anyways. Lol
Thanks! I'll take that as not needed!
Was for the return to dig circuit which never worked well anyways. Lol Just today I was repairing that same pair on a 580SM. The design has improved, but not by much. Still using a mechanical microswitch right there with the old grease, dirt and branches.
Where was the actual switch located? I couldn't seem to find a switch or mount location.
The M has the switch at the right side hoist arm pivot. Activated by a plate around the pivot rotated by an arm attached to the bucket. The grease from the pivot joint is forever changing the point that the switch activates, to kick out the RTD magnet. The OEM return-to-dig electromagnet went short a few months back as well. Not a cheap repair.
The machine also has a mechanical indicator, but I can't keep one on there when they start screening. Moving the grizzly wipes the indicator arms off so often I quit putting them back on.
The RTD function works ok if it is adjusted properly. Both the switch and the rod that controls it have to be adjusted exactly as described in the Operators Manual. The instructions begin on page #174 in the manual.
Might work okay but on mine gravel and branches and everything else just seemed to hit it. Lol
Thanks!