Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580e backhoe

frank williams ยท 2021-08-05 19:42

I'm having trouble steering ,so when you turn the front end skids while you turn. The differtial lock pedal is to the floor. It looks like the lock is in place .I tried and put a wrench on the lever coming out of the rearend but it won't move. Any body go any idea how to get it out?

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2021-08-05 21:40

    It sounds like the difflock is froze up on the diff. shaft. you will need to remove the small box on the right hand brake housing assuming this is an early model E. You may have to pry the box off the shaft and clean as needed.

  2. #2Finca SDR2021-08-07 10:05

    It is the "style" among the old school operators here in Costa Rica to remove the differential locks on all the old machines. If it can contribute to a broken gear in the differential they just get rid of it. I've never been in a backhoe that has the lock hooked up, except for the nice new ones the hardware store owns. I guess that's easier to discard if you're dealing with 4x4 machines.