Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580E Transaxle Problems

escondidotundra ยท 2017-10-26 02:53

Hello, Thanks for checking out my thread. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than me would be willing to help. I recently stripped a few teeth off the ring gear. I'm in the automotive performance business so naturally I called in my gear guy to fix it. Today we pulled the transaxle and got as far as disassembly everything but the pinion. It is apparently part of the transmission. Anybody know how I pull all those gears out of the case? Is there a video or written instructions somewhere?

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-10-26 07:29

    Here is a link to all the 580E manuals. http://www.minnpar.com/manuals5.asp...S PARTS MANUALS&SSSFName=CASE 580E SE SUPER E

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2017-10-28 20:59

    First I'm assuming that you have the transaxle out on the bench. remove front cover take two C-clamps and attach to front gear on top shaft that allows you to move gears forward enough to take snap ring out from rear gear. Then remove clamps and put a piece of angle iron and place it on the center of shaft between the synchronizer and the front gear. Drive top shaft out and then remove nut on pinion shaft and drive it out also.

  3. #3xgiovannix122017-10-28 21:10

    should be a c clip by the gears. Download repair manual linked above