I recently bought a Case 580E 2wd R.O.P.S non-exstendahoe machine,and I need to know the weight.The product i.d.# is 9077396.I have to figur out a way to get a plate on this machine.I have a sheriff for a niegbor 2 door's down from me,and when I was out plowing last snoew storm he stopped snowblowing his driveway to come down and break my ball's over not having a reg.or a licance plat on it.I was told under a sertant weight I don't have to have one.Can anyone help me out with how I gi about register this backhoe?If I was driving to his house to fix his septic or something he wouldn't break my ball's!He's a board cop with nothing better to do.Help Me please?
Have you been to DMV? What you need is a "Special Commercial" plate, they are cheap and don't require insurance.
What if you have no paper work on machine but a reciept of private purchase?
Your machine is probably around 13,000#.
Why don't you call DMV and ask them? They can give you better answers than anyone here, or visit their website and poke around, you might find what you're looking for thetre.
well I know here in mas for an owner contractor plate is around $2k or so and can be put on any machine trailer or truck but you have to have like 10 reg vehicals to get it. I have asked and no one seams to know what you mean when you say you want to put it on the road.
Our backhoes have plates on them. i think theyre in transit plates but i could be wrong. check the MVC for your state like others said
hi, check with your state police in mass here if your just plowing your driveway you dont need any thing, i was told by mass state police because im a farm i can travel about 1/2 mile to and from the farm no plates, but here in mass we can get farm plates for trucks and farm equipment, just have to show that youve paid the sales tax on the equipment..............good luck.................mike in hopkinton