Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580F yes 580 F

joecap72 ยท 2013-05-01 12:21

I recently picked up this machine and have been trying to find out some info on it. Need a reliable source for parts. Most of the basics are the same as a 580C&D but the side shift backhoe needs a control valve located on the the backhoe control tower. Went to my local Case dealer and they offered their condolences! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies14
  1. #1stumpjumper832013-05-01 12:51

    Well, the 580 f is a euro machine. Wasn't intended for the n. American market. That being said, its in the parts computers, may want to try another dealer. Or look up yourself at casece.com Once you have the number search google, e-bay and the like, if no love there, take assembly to good hydraulic shop and have them fix it.

  2. #2Tony H2013-05-01 13:42

    Maybe start a Post here. Maybe they have some rebuild knowledge http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php

  3. #3alrman2013-05-01 16:39

    Welcome to HEF joecap72! If the guy at the dealer was good at his job & looked at the parts listings, he would see that many of the parts for a 580F are the same as mainstream 580C & D's etc. The backhoe control valve is for sure, most other parts have AG part numbers which should be available to order anyhow. Best thing you can do is look at the online parts listing & figure what you need & try from there. Be certain of your serial number, as this seems critical on this model. Can't say for certain, engine on it looks a like a Perkins. Good Luck! :drinkup

  4. #4joecap722013-05-08 19:49

    Thanks for the help. Going to try the sights as suggested. Let you know how I make out.

  5. #5stock2013-05-11 11:45

    Does your machine have a David Brown Motor with Borg Warner transmission??

  6. #6sheepfoot2013-05-11 13:28

    I seem to think it was around 87 that had some show up at the rb auction in kiss me that ended up in the us east and north east. They had the david brown engines and rear ends. They had 4wd,4x1,cabs,side shift hoes, and extend a hoes. Several ended up here, owners said they paid around $16,000 for them at sale, haven't seen one in a long time since.

  7. #7Tinkerer2013-05-11 14:20

    What is the problem with the backhoe control valve ?

  8. #8stock2013-05-11 15:34

    Most of those models were exported from Europe to Thailand during the 1990's as Case had sold the assembly line to a company there and they were buying every unit in the F & G range to rebuild them for the local and neighbouring market. Which valve is giving you grief??

  9. #9stock2013-05-11 15:57

    To the best of my recollection the transmission was definitely a Borg Warner a JCB used the same torque converter and transmission. The 580F had a Case axle and JCB a Ford one. David Brown Axles had reduction gears inside the wheels DB rear axle Casing http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr58753ar750069 this a drawing of the half axle off a DB

  10. #10reyerd2015-07-19 13:48

    I have also resently bought a 580f, have started to fix it up. The bearings on left back wheel was crushed, this had damaged the bull gear, but now I just wait for bearing cup from ebay so that I can put it all together. The other problem I have with this machine is the gearbox is stuck in 1st gear, cant move the stick. High and low works fine, and everything else. What can be the issue? And another question, does anybody know where to get workshop manual for this machine?

  11. #11mhugel2017-01-17 17:14

    Hi reyerd, did you have any luck getting the Service Manual for your 580f? I am searching for one and maybe you can give me some tips, where to find it....? Thanks!!!!

  12. #12FieldMechanic892017-01-17 18:19

    I can get you one in pdf form

  13. #13mhugel2017-01-18 17:31

    Thanks FieldMechanic89, that would be fantastic! I am quite new in this Forum (and also in the world of backhoes ;-) ) so I tried to contact you directly but couldnt find the way..... You would do me a huge favour!!!!

  14. #14Willie B2017-01-18 20:08

    It sure looks like the E