Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k anti-rollback

Ando ยท 2010-11-07 19:51

The rod that connects the bucket arms to the anti-rollback actuator on my machine is missing. If anyone who has a 580k could check the length of the tube(4), or rod(1) on their machine. If I have the tube length, I should be able to work out the rod length.

Replies6
  1. #1bill onthehill2010-11-08 04:58

    Will measure mine in a few hours for you.

  2. #2bill onthehill2010-11-08 19:53

    My tube measures 44 inches from end to where the yoke is welded on it. The rod looks to be at least 34 inches but hard to say exactly how much is inside tube without dismantling it. It does need the offset bend like the picture shows.

  3. #3Ando2010-11-08 20:04

    Bill, I owe you a beer:drinkup here, have another:drinkup much appreciated, thankyou:thumbsup

  4. #4bill onthehill2010-11-10 07:09

    Well I quit drinking 15 years ago but I will gladly help myself to some of your info you have posted. That is what is great about this forum, sharing ideas and helping to fix the problems we all encounter.

  5. #5frogfarmer2010-11-10 18:45

    I realize the anti-rollback is a safety feature but mine was a real problem and after straightening it several times(it would bind) I just left it off. That was a couple thousand hours ago and not once have I dropped anything larger than a 2" rock on the hood.

  6. #6davidd2010-11-10 19:26

    But frog it only takes one time---