Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K bolt problem

jddevel · 2024-07-18 03:12

OK so first problem is I`m not familiar with the various components names but here goes in describing my problem. On my Case 580K the 6 bolts that hold the part that holds the bucket holder to the dipper arm come loose. Is there a way of sorting this? I suspect the threads in the dipper arm casting are worn-certainly the bolts show damage. Obviously when in use this particular "joint " comes under a good deal of strain.

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-07-18 13:56

    Case had a lot of problems with this issue on early 580K's. Get new bolts and use the green loc-tite when you put them back in. Of course clean the threads with brake clean and chase threads with tap. Let set for 24 hours before using.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-07-20 00:16

    Is there a pic. of this, I'm curious what you're referring to?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2024-07-20 07:19

    Hey WS the area we’re talking about is the BH bucket mount end on extend a hoe units prior to JJG0012415. The outer slide of these machines had a bolt on bucket mount.