I hope im not asking something thats been answered 100 times. I have searched here and googled till my mind was fried. I cant find anything on this issue or im too dumb to piece it together. issue being. My case 580k 4speed shuttle shift (shifter on my right on the console) (fwd rev on left of steering column) it wont shift to 1st or 2nd in either direction. But it has 3rd and 4th in both directions. I watch the linkage while dad shifts (not running) i see the 3rd and 1st gear linkage moving at the same time. What am i missing here? Linkage issue or internal issue? The linkage moves very easily in all gears but i dont see how the gated shifter in the cab can move both 1st and 3rd at the same time? I really just need 1st or 2nd gear period is there a way to manually lock a gear in? Any help is MASSIVELY APPRECIATED!!!
Either im asking a dumb question or i have a unique issue? Im leaning towards the me bein dumb thing though.
Welcome to HEF, OldcaseKansas ! It takes time to get answers here. Not everyone has time to read these threads every day. I don't know much about your 580K. But, did you check #27 & 28 to verify they are turning the shafts ? Here is a link to the parts book. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...20000/cn/CED06496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6
I wasnt trying to be impatient so i hope yall dont think that. I need to find a pdf of the service manuals for this old girl. Runs great but shes rough. I cant tell you how long i have tried to find just a clear image of the diagram you posted. Thank you i will check them. I could see the linkage moving but never could check the shafts.
You are not dumb and you do not have a unique issue. I have the service manual you need. PM (private message) me your email address and the serial number of your machine and I will send you a link to my Google Drive.
AWESOME THANK YOU!! JJG0170573 looks to be her serial
That schemadic is exactly what i needed. The trans was shift into 1st and 2nd but at the same time the shift handle was also engaging the high side gears 3rd and 4th at the same time causing a lock up. I unhooked the shifter linkage and moved them by hand and all gears are good to go. 1st is insane strong cant think of much use for it but 2nd is the goldie locks gear for sure. Decent ground speed and pushes like a dozer. Next issue is getting some rear tires on her. The originals are looking rough after a few decades and 4k hours. Trying to find a used set of tires for it but having zero luck. All new hoses waiting to go on and dipper wiper and cups should be here tomorrow.