Hi everyone, I bought an old 1987 Case 580K (Phase I) and I'm looking for help identifying all compatible transaxle fluids. The service manual calls for 20.5 quarts of Case Transaxle Fluid (MS 1317). The only thing I've been able to find from Case which appears to be what I need is their Premium Transaxle Oil - #73344324 The MAT specifications appear to be aircraft grade from what I could find. But there's no mention of MS1317 which does give me pause. . . and the price is $214 for 5 gallons! The only other oil I've been able to find is from Viscosity. . . TUTELA® SAE 80W-140 Transaxle Fluid This one doesn't list MAT 3515-B, but it does specify MS 1317. This oil is priced at $231 for 5 gallons! Are there any other options or more economical alternatives that isn't going to break the bank?
Just use any gear oil, they didn’t build rocketships.
At top left of page click on SEARCH FORUMS, enter Case 580K phase 1 transaxle oil, scroll to bottom, hit search, whole page of replies, read them all then pick your poison.