have a 580k series II. when I purchased the machine it felt slow/ or slugish. but I have only had backhoes with a clutch which run much different than a torue converter machine. The other day I was using a 580k series one (trans not in rear) and seems a little quicker. I didn't know if that series used a different converter. Is there a practical test I can do to determine if a torque converter problem exists???
TC temperature is a good sign of TC condition but for most TC type machines a stall test is used to determine whether the engine and TC are working efficiently. With machine at operating temperature, brakes applied, the machine is placed in high gear, full throttle and the stabilized engine speed is measured. You really need a manual to determine the correct procedure and specified speed. If the speed is too high the TC may be defective, if the speed is too low the engine may not be making enough HP.
Ya I did that test, have the manual, everything looks good.