I have a question regarding the serial number/vintage of my Case 580K Construction King. There is a plate on the left side of the steering column which has the following information: Product ID 580K *1 741976 ROPS *12201220* These numbers do not seem to correspond to any of the numbers being thrown around on all of the related websites. It seems there was a significant change where the serial numbers started to start with JJG but I cannot find any list that covers the apparent serial number on my machine. Seems that the parts are before/after JJG so I need to know what I have. Does anyone have any helpful information? Thanks in advance.
ID plate on chassis sort of right below the door step area. From what I have learned, the big issue is what type of transaxle and the 'lingo' is "series 1" or "series 3".
Mine is 17419794, A 1988 model. Lots of information on Backhoedata.com. I've had two. This one had lower hours and more TLC, so I upgraded. Mine is 4x4, I added extend a hoe, John Deere controls, hydraulic thumb. It is used nearly every day. Willie
To clarify further, ROPS (is Roll Over Protection). The tag you are looking at is the ROPS tag, not the vehicle serial number tag. The vehicle serial number tag is outside the cab on the chassis. Left hand side below the loader’s lift cylinder pivot. It will have the JJG…. vehicle number you are looking for. I attached a picture from my machine with the location circled. Sorry it is a little blurry but it was the only one I had handy on my computer showing the tag, however it should give you the idea.
Serial Number Thanks guys, I will check in the morning. I've had this unit for a couple of years 580K 4X4 extendahoe Full cab with Air Heat etc. Been seriously used, but everything mostly works. I have a brake problem which I think I can solve but I thought it would be good to solve this serial number now before an emergency pops up.
Is the brake problem loss of pressure when using one brake?
Here is the location of all of them.
Hi Guys. I recently came b y a case 580k skip loader and I haven't been able to find the serial number for this machine. On the left side chassis under the bucket pivot is a sticker that is so destroyed by the sun that it is not readable. there are no other plaques or stamped numbers anywhere that I can find. I know it is a phase 1 machine, probably late 80s. The left brake leaks down and loses fluid but I need the SN to order the right parts Did Case put the serial number anywhere else?
Look under the left hand door.