Case 580N, US MFG. (Currently located in Panama) Pilot control. Backhoe not operational, stabilizer legs are operating as expected. Front loader works fine. Hydraulic pump (M port) making good pressure. All fuses intact. All relays appear to be operating. No harness damage discovered. Pilot control switch powers up stabilizer legs but not the backhoe. What am I missing? Where can I find a list of all ground points?
What circuits control the backhoe? Swing, dipper, boom etc. Stabilizer legs work as advertised. Backhoe power relay (sheet 7 of the manual) has been bypassed for testing. All fuses tested good.
This is all I could find. I would suspect the control module.
It is hard to diagnose with limited information, but here some points I can offer in the attempt to help. It does not appear to be the control module based on information provided. Jimbro reference post 7 on one of the other threads that you have going right now.(link below) The control module is not involved with Swing, Dipper, and Boom functions. HeavyEquipmentForums These functions become active when the pilot enable valve is activated by pressing the momentary position on the 3 position pilot enable switch. You need to trace the pilot enable circuit through the enable relay, to the enable valve’s solenoid, and then the valve itself to make sure it is functioning, when the momentary switch is pressed. You might also be able to do some simple tests like, can you hear the relay click when pressing the momentary position on the switch? Stabilizers activate separately from above, and they are tied to the control module. As you have 3 different threads on-going on relative to a 580N, are the issues all on one machine, or three separate machines? As I replied on one othe other threads, this could all be a damaged or poor ground connection. Do you have a service manual with electrical schematic for your specific machine? Keep in mind 580N is not enough identify what wiring configuration you have on your machine. There are several 580N series models that have been manufactured in US over time which have different engines, after treatment systems, feature options which drive to different associated wiring harnesses and connections.