Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580n = code descriptions

Chevystepside ยท 2024-05-12 19:27

Hello Everyone, I have a Case 580n with 14 codes in the system. Does anyone have a list of codes with descriptions? Also what program is needed to connect to the machine = OEM or aftermarket? Code#1004 set 1x @ 949hrs Code#1022 set 17x @ 965hrs Code#3773 set 4x @ 1070hrs And codes #1051-1063 set 3x @ 1071hrs Lancer

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-05-13 18:23

    If you have a service manual they should have the codes in it.

  2. #2Willie B2024-05-13 19:46

    Service manual has the codes. You will find that codes are so numerous no hope to respond to them all. My fuel gauge sender was sticky. If I tipped the machine too far I got a code. My fuel water sensor malfunctioned. If my seat isn't latched in forward facing while backing up I get a code. When I bought it 2-1/2 years ago I had owned it 2 weeks when 1st gear dissappeared. Again a code. With great research, we learned first gear wasn't working. Service manual sent us on a wild goose chase through the entire grounded conductor system. Took it to the dealer. Dealer said they used it as a golf cart 10 days, first gear was fine. I brought it home where it did work fine 1-1/2 years. Again it failed. We found a corroded solenoid magnet in the Power Shift mechanism. A year later it was third gear to fail, same problem, different solenoid. It alarms constantly about regen. I bought an online operator's manual, can't open it. I don't know if I should do anything different about regen. Mine is 2014 model doesn't use DEF fluid. I've concluded it is a great machine. Earplugs are essential to remain sane with all the alarms. If I could find the dammned alarm wires I'd cut them.