Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SE control valve replacement??

abears3 ยท 2015-05-12 19:42

Hello, The control valve in my 580 SE is leaking out of most of its orifices. When using the boom valve it will try to swing. I have looked and the parts that may be needed to rebuild all the valves with reliefs and was wondering if anyone has replaced the whole control valve with an aftermarket one. Mine has the foot swing if it makes a difference. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2015-05-13 07:04

    Hmmm, spend a few hundred bucks on some overpriced OE orings & seals..... Or spend a few thousand (or more) on a valve that may not even allow the machine to dig properly..... Seriously, stick to the original, they're not that difficult to repair. :thumbsup Take a look at this thread , it is for a 580C very similar valve to a 580SE - I'm sure it will be of help.

  2. #2abears32015-05-13 22:46

    Well I do see your point but I was just wondering if anyone had found a better way. Thanks for the link to the thread on the 580c valve rebuild. I have read it and will be ordering the O.E. parts. I guess the factory service manual is gonna really payoff on this one.

  3. #3willie592015-05-13 23:11

    I agree with Alrman, the OEM valve is matched to the demands of the various cylinders that the valve operates, GPM required for each port, the port reliefs, anti-cavitation valves, load check valves. To find all of these features in an aftermarket replacement, and that it does all these properly, if you're that lucky then you should buy a lottery ticket as well because your luck is kicking. The parts to re-seal the valve are a "will fit", not a "may fit/might fit" repair.

  4. #4sheepfoot2015-05-14 19:12

    Rebuild what you have, it's not worth the drama to install a might fit valve unit in a machine that was pretty bullet proof. That E is pushing 30 yrs. and a reseal will cost some money but well worth the investment.

  5. #5PSUMIKELONG2020-04-11 09:35

    Has anyone removed the control valve? Our 580se is leaking significantly at the top of the valve where the spools are located. Case dealer recommended we remove it ,they could rebuilt it, then we could reinstall. It looks like a good bit of work. Can anyone shed some light on this job for me before I dig in...Should I remove: the seat &floor plate? Drop the hoe from the tractor? Any special tools needed? Will it come out thru the back side (where the hydraulic fittings attach) once they are disconnected and out of the way? Thanks for your help.