Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580se heater hoses and back window

scoutman77 ยท 2015-11-18 07:19

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just a couple weeks ago bought a 580 super e that the cab had been stripped. I've got most everything put back. Just need to finish a couple things like hook up the heater hoses. Would anyone have a picture of where on the engine theyou hook in? Also, does the slider window in the back go in the inside or outside window rail? I seem to be missing the brackets on one side for the rear window and will probably have to find or fabricate. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1scoutman772015-11-18 07:47

    It's a 1986

  2. #2El Hombre2015-11-18 15:30

    Heater hoses are going to be 5/8" or so, not a whole lot of fittings on the engine that size; unlike say vacuum lines on cars a while back. So look for that size fitting at the top of the engine, the head actually. Should be a cable or some kind of control to a water valve to control the temp, so that would be another clue. Imagine you're a rain drop hitting the cab windows; as you slide down the side, are you tending to be shed off? Or are you tending to get trapped and find a way into the cab. So install the slider so it sheds water. Carpenter told me the rain drop analogy when I was installing roof flashing and skylight flashing. It was 26 years ago and still no leaks around any of my flashing. It's better to be able to figure something out, than just have somebody on the net lead you. Gonna be times when you won't have access to the net and then you're SOL....

  3. #3scoutman772015-11-18 19:24

    Thank you for the reply, I never thought about the window that way, an excellent analogy! I'm pretty sure I found where the top fitting goes, was mostly unsure of the bottom one on the right side. there are no fittings anymore, I found the top one with a plug. maybe I'll have to break out the power washer and climb under the right side and take a better look

  4. #4ivanho2015-11-19 11:59

    look up Case Genuine parts store, they have all the parts and good schematics to view,