Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SK can anyone identify this part?

Rudigger · 2025-01-27 22:44

I was being a responsible owner and doing a transmission oil change the other day. Oil came out quite clean (no idea when it was last done). Moved onto the screen/filter and it came out very clean too. I was super happy until I put a magnet into the screen hole and pulled this out. It looks like a spacer to me, but it has an embossed little tab in the middle there. Thickness is 2.2mm Any suggestions from the brains trust?

Replies7
  1. #1Rudigger2025-01-27 22:46

    My 4wd and park brake aren't working at the moment either, so perhaps something broken there? I've had a skim through the parts manual, but nothing with that raised little tab in the middle is leaping out at me.

  2. #2Vetech632025-01-27 23:49

    I believe that is a thrust washer

  3. #3Joe H2025-01-28 00:17

    The back side of a thrust washer, the tab locates it in the case. Other side copper looking? Joe H

  4. #4alrman2025-01-28 07:35

    Definitely is a thrust washer from the two spider gears in the diff centre. Original Part number was 1345639C1 was updated to redesigned part 124869A1 about +30yrs ago because they kept breaking at the locating crimp. Unfortunately, you have to remove the transaxle to carry out the repair.

  5. #556wrench2025-01-28 10:18

    If it is dished yes probably off the spider gears, if it is flat, probably off the end of the countershaft in the transmission section

  6. #6Rudigger2025-01-28 17:53

    It's dished. I should've included that, I had just assumed it got a little mangled on it's way out. Thanks very much mate. Looks like it's going to be a greasy weekend for me. Thank you all. As always super helpful.

  7. #7Rudigger2025-01-28 17:56

    Hmm, not really.