1996 Case 580sl. All hydraulics work fine except one. My front bucket has to be held "hard" for it to roll back. It moves very slowly almost like a valve is not opening up or there is trash in the system blocking fluid. Any ideas would be awesome.
Welcome to HEF MikeyJP1980! Not sure exactly where your problem is - but the first place I would look is the bucket self leveling linkages. Has the machine sat a while? Maybe a pivot or bushing(items #12) has siezed up. OR the front cabin mounting has come loose - sounds wierd I know...... trust me
alrman, The machine has set more this year then it has the last ten years I have owned it. I have really gotten use to using a mini ex. Now I have about 300yds of fill to move and my loader is making me mad. I got home and got to work on the machine after reading your comment. The only thing I found was a spring was broke(part#14). Other then that it moves freely up and down assumingly like it shoud. Since you brought it to my attention the control feels exactly like it does when the self leveling action is taking place. Can I by pass the self leving control to see if its the problem. Could there be a self leveling electrical issue? Thanks so much for the help so far! This site just might be my new best friend since my usual mechanic has went to work for TVA! Small town living is hard since there is not a case dealer within 40 miles and there service sucks!
If the self leveling linkage is moving, it is not the problem - check the cab mount - remove the glove compartment in front of the steering wheel to see one end of the bolt. You will need to remove the bonnet panel with 4 bolts in front of the windsceen to get to the the nut. If the bolt has fallen out or come loose the front of the cab drops enough to effect the clearance between the self leveling linkage & the lever.
Does the bucket roll back if the loader is lowered to the ground? That is the only position the bucket will roll back all the way.
Yes it will roll all the way back. It just rolls extremely slow. I'm starting to think it is something to do with this one valeve in the valve assembly itself. I don' feel any pressure on the control when worked. All the others work just fine except this.
I had almost exactly the same problem on my 580sK the other day. I used it in the ocean, sprayed it off, and let it sit a few days. It was a pivot inthe self-level linkage seized up. I just took the linkage rod off. I brought the hoe to the shop tonight, and while it's here I'll fix that and a few other things.
MikeyJP1980, did you get to check the cab mounts? If the one behind the dash is OK, check item #16 on chassis pic. Left & more particularly the right side, are those bolts OK? Seen them broken at times also.
Alrman, Thanks SO much for the help. I think I have located the problem. My skid plate underneath the loader control valve is bent causing it to hit something with a wire to it. I'm not sure what its called but I actually had to put one on before because of a root. One of my workers was moving broken concrete with the loader and I think he may have ran over a chunk and bent the skid plate. I will be visiting my case dealer in the morning. I have to repack a swing cylinder also. Looks like a seal kit and that valve assembly will get me back on track. Thanks so much for everyones help. This site is one of my new best friends that is full of information. Thanks again, Mikey
You can disconnect the "return to dig" self level. From the sounds of it, thats what the plate is hitting. On the last M I ran I pulled the fuse on the dash, the Super N I crawled under the machine and pulled the clip apart on the wire that hangs down from the loader valve. Did the same on a 410G deere.