Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580sl series 2 rear wiper motor

Vag licker ยท 2018-11-19 18:59

Anyone have any info about the rear wiper motor on a case 580sl? Whats the up dated wiper system for $1100?

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-11-19 19:13

    I don't know anything about the updated version. But the motor is available on Amazon.com for $31.95 and free shipping. https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Player-Windshield-570LXT-1986-2006/dp/B00WR7BHW4

  2. #2Vag licker2018-11-19 21:22

    What? I didnt see the rear wiper on there. I just got the front for $28 after tax. Called dealer today and parts said there an updated system for the rear. Everything for 1100. Checked some online places for it and it says not available. Now the parts guy said he can just get the motor but its 235 dollars. A used parts company in pa might have one and its 100. If you google them and check colemans and cpl others they are not available. Might get the used one and i guess eventually my hoe just wont have a rear wiper.

  3. #3Vag licker2018-11-19 21:23

    Tinkerer thanks but thats the front motor

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-11-19 22:11

    I'm like tinkerer I don't know anything about an upgrade for rear wiper, but I'd check the rear window switch and make sure it works wiper won't work if upper glass isn't up.

  5. #5Vag licker2018-11-20 05:37

    yes i know. Past all that. I need to replace button switch n wiper motor. However i not spending 1100 to do it. Just wanted to know if anyone else in here did it or experienced the same thing with the dealer. He said for 1100 it was everything. Wiper,arms,hardware, button switch, blade. When i pull rear wiper motor i gonna compare it to the front motor. Probably the same other then the plug.

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2018-11-20 07:41

    Yeah I understand what you mean. Case is good about stuff like this, changing everything and not having individual parts available.

  7. #7Tinkerer2018-11-20 08:46

    Maybe, maybe not. The parts book shows the same rear motor for the series 1 and series 2 models. The front motors have different part numbers tho.

  8. #8Vag licker2018-11-20 11:06

    Nice part is if i cannot find one there is a guy 15 mins from me that can do electronics. He rebuilds electric motors. I know for sure he does alternators n starters. I pretty sure he could do the wiper motor to. Just have to call n ask.

  9. #9Tinkerer2018-11-20 15:42

    https://www.readygoparts.com/collections/case-construction/products/184118a1