Working with my my Case 580SM Backhoe this morning using the backhoe and the warning buzzer came on. There were no warning lights on the instrument panel to indicate what was wrong. I shut the machine off and restarted - no buzzer for about 5 minutes and then it came on again. Repeated this our or five time over the next 10 minutes - buzzer comes on every few minutes - shut off and restart - no buzzer few a few more minutes. At that point I drove it about 5 minutes to my shop and same thing happened a couple times on the way there. Thought it might be related to the emergency brake but the emergency brake light works and with the emergency brake on the buzzer comes on as normal when I shift the shuttle to forward or reverse. When the buzzer came on the first time when I was using the backhoe the brake was off and the shuttle was in neutral. The oil pressure light seems to be working normally - warning light an buzzer come on for a few seconds when first started and then both go off. Hopefully it is just a false alarm from a glitch or bad connection in the wiring but in the meantime I am reluctant to run it until I can figure out the problem in case it is something more serious. If anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot to see what is triggering the alarm but no warning light I would appreciate it.
Update - found the problem - noticed this morning that the engine temperature was running hotter than normal - still in the green but getting near the top end of green. When the alarm buzzer started I checked the engine temperature saw it was towards the the high end of the green but it was a real hot day here and I was working it fairly hard so I thought that was the reason and since it was still in the green didnt think that was the reason for the warning buzzer. I also thought there would be a warning light in addition to the buzzer if the engine was over temperature. After it cooled down this afternoon i decided to check the coolant level and saw there was none in the plastic tank on top of the rad. Had to add about a gallon to get it up to the cold level line. Used it for a couple of hours this afternoon and no more warning alarm - ran in the middle of the green on the temperature gauge.
Radiator might also be plugged full of dirt. Try blowing it out with compressed air.