I'm working on a Case 580 Super M and it only moves intermittently. I can put it in gear and it either moves for a few seconds or not at all. Checked shuttle fluid, cleaned the screen, disconnected the neutral solenoid, and checked the neutral switches on both handles. When I put the shifter in forward or reverse I can hear the relays clicking even if it does not move, I can hear them click when I push the neutral switches, tried swapping them around just to see if it would help no luck. When reverse engages the reverse horn sounds and then I can hear a relay click and everything stops. I’m sure the problem is electrical I’m just having a hard time locating the issue. I have a repair manual in the mail but I have no schematics right now making this even harder. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to HEF Jonesrl999! Sounds like you have the shuttle shift (Carraro) transmission. There are shift solenoids mounted to the top of transmission. Listen if they are clicking when shifting ranges. If they are clicking the electrics should be OK - you will have a broken circlip/snap ring inside the valve which can cause this symptom. There is also a neutral timer relay which can cause this symptom. It is taller than all the other relays, make sure it is fitted properly & not worked loose & can only really be tested by replacement. *** Can a mod please move this thread to the Backhoe Section - Thanks