Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 590 fuel leak

Scottrt120 · 2020-11-25 08:16

Hell again yall I have a fuel leak coming from the square section on the fuel pump thinking a gasket. I made sure it isnt a crush washer off the injection lines. Just curious if this is something I could do to re seal it or do you suggest taking it to a fuel shop? I'm more then mechanically inclined I just know how sensitive fuel pumps can be. Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-11-25 09:57

    A picture is worth more than a thousand words, Scott.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2020-11-26 08:38

    Some pump #’s or a pic would be most helpful.. I have tons of pump gaskets, so sending you the correct 1 would b no problem.. I just need to know WHICH ONE IS LEAKING..

  3. #3Scottrt1202020-11-27 07:48

    Ok thank you I'll take a picture here today!

  4. #4Scottrt1202020-11-28 13:15

    Here are some pics right on that part my finger is on is where its leaking in the bottom

  5. #5thepumpguysc2020-11-28 14:12

    That’s a BOSCH VE pump.. It’s leaking between the head and housing.. there’s an oring there that hard & flat.. U see the 4 screws holding the head to the housing.?? DO NOT ATTEMPT the repair.!!! The head is holding everything together.. if u loosen those screws, all the guys will fall to the bottom.!! It’s a remove and have it repaired situation..(overhauled)

  6. #6T-town2020-11-28 15:11

    Scottrt, In case you did not know.... The 'pumpguy' KNOWS what he speaks!! Won't find many better..... and none less $$. And tons of advice and specifics with regards to DIY removal.install. remove and send to him.......

  7. #7Scottrt1202020-11-28 16:32

    Would it be something you could do the pump guy?

  8. #8thepumpguysc2020-11-28 18:19

    Yes Scott, in my sleep.. If u wanna get in touch w me, just add an @ aol dot com after my screen name, in your home mail server.