Good Evening All, I'm looking for some advice or shared experience on getting a TLB transported. I purchased a Case 590 SL and now need to get it shipped. I used USHIP and another site, but both of the brokers (Heavy Haulers & Global Transport United) committed to moving the TLB, but then came back saying they could not get the job done. So here I am nearly a month after purchasing my TLB but don't have it yet because two companies failed me. I would prefer to direct hire an owner/operator, but can't seem to find any when doing online searches. The only thing that comes up are sites like USHIP, Heavy Haulers, & VeriTread. I've tried the first two and both failed. VeriTread seems promising, but I'm concerned it could end up the same way. The Pick-up is a bit off the beaten path in North Vernon, Indiana but the drop-off where I'm in Perryville, MD is only a few miles off the I95 or US-40 and my place is about 6.5 miles from the Giant Richie Brother North East, MD sales yard, so a lot of heavy equipment is transported to/from my area. Any advice, recommendations, or connections are much appreciated.
Why don't you just call the Richie Bros. ??
I bought it through a private seller, so Richie Brothers is not involved with the transaction. VeriTread is partnered with Richie Brothers, but are a wholly separate entity. Richie Brothers also does not offer transportation. If I bought something at the local Richie Brothers, I would just drive it home. Nevertheless, thanks for the reply!
that's a good hotshot load. Call places like this: http://www.dickensdelivery.com/Hot Shot Freight.aspx They even mention backhoes on that page.
Good Evening skyking1, Thank you for that reference. Much appreciated!
I know you didn't get it from Richie Bros., just thought the biggest auction house in your area may have some insight on haulers..just sayin'
In my area there are construction company's that will do contract hauling when they are not busy. There are also farmers that do the same thing. Maybe United Rentals and company's like them will do it.
http://loademup.com/ These guys are recommended, easy to get ahold of and do a good job.
Hello stinky64, Gotcha thanks. I ended up going through VeriTread which is affiliated with Richie Brothers. I appreciate the input.
Hello Tinkerer, Thanks for the recommendation. I appreciate it.
Hello csthompson12 , Thank you very much for the recommendation. I've already booked it through VeriTread, but will still check them out for any future items.
I see you may have contracted someone but, There's a convoy of lowboys headed from Norman, Oklahoma to Northeast, PA in about 3 weeks. Most are hauling company pickups but at least one, that I know of, will be deadheading. Might be able to get ya that far if interested.
Good looking hoe. I have a 590 SL and it has been a great backhoe. I purchased it from the east coast and had it shipped to Oklahoma. When the driver arrived, he had a second hoe from new york that he was delivering to a guy about 60 miles from me. Driver had even stopped about 30 mins from meeting me and started the machine up to have it warm when he arrived since it was about 15 deg outside.
Of course you tipped him
He did that because he didnt want to waste time waiting for it to warm up to get it off the lowboy, plus wanted to make sure it was going to start at all. Thats what I would have done too.