Hi, I just joined and need some help from the experts. I have a 590 super M series and have no accelerator pedal, it is intermittent. The rear pedal works fine when the fault occurs. I have replaced the pedal sensor months ago when the problem first started and it has not resolved my problem. I have the 2 following codes 1010 and 1011, i know these codes are related to the problem. Can anyone offer assistance on troubleshooting this fault, I have no reference material available to me on this equipment nor do I have a code list. I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Rob
Welcome to HEF, Goody68 ! Be patient, there are some members here that can tell you what your code means. tool_king and fpgm04 are a couple of them. Perhaps you could send them a PM (start a conversation).
Been traveling and just catching up. 1010 and 1011 are foot throttle faults indicating the controller is seeing an out of range value for the foot throttle position signal and the foot throttle idle validation. As you are getting both of these faults (not just one), and you have replaced the sensor, I would initially suspect bad wiring or connection to the controller. I would recommend starting by checking the wiring connection on the back of the instrument cluster (which is also the controller for the throttles). Access to the back of the cluster is easy via the 2 front screws. Check the following connections for possibly loose, unlocked/pushed back pins, or corrosion. Connector 2: Pins 16, 18, 20 as those are foot throttle signal, 5v, and ground Connector 1 : Pin 20 for foot throttle idle validation Also check the wiring around the foot throttle for damage. Have you checked the signals via the instrument cluster test screen before or after replacement of the sensor? If not, that is also something easy to check before going too far. Simply park the vehicle is a safe place, and key-off. Press any hold any one of the up/down display/enter switches, then key-on (do not crank the engine). Release the switch you are holding, and let the cluster go through the self test. Then use the up/down switches to navigate to the foot throttle screen. You can then see what voltages the controller is seeing for the sensor. When the faults occur, if you key-off then key-on and press the foot throttle, does the condition immediately reoccur or does it take a while and involve vibration before the condition reoccurs?