Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 590 Super N diag codes

Upstatefoolin · 2026-01-15 14:29

Hey everyone! First post here… did a little digging and wasn’t able to find the codes I have defined anywhere. I currently have codes 3688, 1015 and 1004. If anyone could help me out with these before I have to beg for the scanner at work that would be lovely. Thank you!

Replies4
  1. #1MFM Truck&Equipment2026-01-17 07:03

    Need a serial number to confirm. Judging by the codes it's a tier 4 1004 hydraulic filter blocked 1015 battery charge voltage too low 3688 water sensor in the fuel filter: WIF sensor check is failed Hope this helps

  2. #2Upstatefoolin2026-01-17 21:44

    Thank you! Sounds like it’s just due for service… this thing just sits a lot and maintenance is put on the back burner because it never gets used. Where would I find the serial number on it? I have the PIN, but not the serial number.

  3. #3Kyle Helmke2026-01-18 20:54

    the pin is the serial number and the water in fuel sensors fail commonly

  4. #4gggraham2026-01-20 15:18

    The 1004 code is nothing to worry about really. I see you are in New York. When the temperature drops to near freezing and you start the machine it can for a second or two bypass the hydraulic filter because of the cold. If you throttle up before it is sufficiently warmed up it will also set this code.