I changed both fuel filters and bleed it at the filter bleed until I got no air but it wont start. Was running fine before. I have cracked open the return on top of pump and all the injectors, fuel comes out clean but still with no luck. I will hit/pop every now and then but won't run. Don't see a bleed screw on the pump but must still have air in there somewhere. Any suggestions?
Might just have to keep trying with a battery charger hooked up and taking breaks to not burn up the starter. There are definitely some headache engines when air gets to the injectors...
Which inj. pump do u have..?? Are u loosening the steel lines that go from the pump to the injectors AT the injectors.?? Do u have power to the shut off solenoid.?? is the wire hooked up.?? Does your lift pump/supply pump have a priming lever on it.?? Is it a 4b engine.?? most of the Cummins/Case engines have the return tied into the inlet.. So if u loosen the return.. your allowing air into the pump inlet.. Loosen the inlet line on the pump.. pump the lever on the supply pump or crank the engine till fuel squirts out of the inlet line.. tighten.. Loosen the steel lines AT the injectors & crank.. once air squirts out, tighten..
Not sure about what pump, think its a Bosch VE, Loosening the lines at injectors, all 4 and then cranking till air and then fuel squirts and tightening them one at a time, have power to shut off, it tries to start, have prime lever, 4bt engine, return does not appear to be tied and it flows good, can't get at the inlet line with the wrench I have. I have run it out of fuel before because gauge does not work and only had to crack one injector line to get it primed but this is the first time I have changed filters. Raining today but when it stops I will start from scratch check all my lines to lift to insure no air, crack open everything I can, crank it and work my way up to the injectors bleeding again. Saw a video where a guy was using a spray bottle to start by spraying it into air cleaner with filters removed, don't know if it will work but might have to try. Thanks
If it ran before changing the filters, chances are dam good it just has air.. I wouldn't hesitate to "give it a sniff" of something to get it going again.. just aire on the side of caution when using any spray in the intake.. & if it has a grid heater.. don't fire that up.. Sometimes u just do whatcha gotta do.. Did u by chance, turn off the fuel when u did the filters & forget to turn it back on.??
Thanks, did check the fuel shut off and I did turn off to change but back on, don't use starter spray on my diesel, just don't like to be that rough on it, no heater on this one. Is there a bleed screw on Bosch VE?
No.. they're self bleeding but u do have to remove the air from the pump to the injectors.. & the air from the filters to the pump..
Thanks, that's what I had read. Will post the outcome.
Feel stupid but posting so maybe it will help someone else. I did not have voltage to the cut off because I have a bad gas cyl on the bar and it was down, it stays up when ROP is down but with it tilted up the bar does not have the extra spring of the parking brake. I assumed I did have voltage because it was attempting to start (just a pop at initial turn over. Lesson learned! Thanks everyone for your help