I'm new to this posting stuff. But I have been reading posts from all the guru's out there and there are numerous. Anyway here goes, I purchased a 2005 Case 60XT w/ a little over 1800 hrs. After reading on HEF about the mysterious loss of hydraulic oil, it was determined that the left hand drive motor was leaking into the chain case. So I super cleaned the pan, bought a set of JIC caps & plugs. Put the lift arms up & lockd them out. Put it up on jack stands and the fun started. Little trick. I put a stout 4x4 across the loader arms, hooked a 3300lb. ratchet strap to the crossmember step over the 4x4 then down to lift the tandem pump. Giving room to remove the drive motor. Now for the $10k question. Had it resealed/ rebuilt by a reputable hydraulic shop here in AZ reinstalled and it has very little torque & doesn't want to turn very well to the right. Any ideas? I know that KSSS and Goose along with others might have some insight. Thx. For any and all help.
My first thought would be that a mistake was made on the rebuild. Even a reputable shop can make a mistake. If the system was working well before the rebuilid (minus leaking fluid into the chain case), it tells me that something went wrong on the rebuild. Which sucks given the PINTA it is to pull it back out. Did the shop make sure the pump was working correctly with the correct PSI per CASE spec before they sent it out to you? If the opposite side is working correctly, I don't know what else it could be besides an issue with the rebuild. Goose or another mechanic could speak more specifically on what mistakes could have been made. What skills I may have, rebuilding drive motors certainly is not one of them.
KSSS, thank you you your thoughts & ideas. I am not overly savvy on the hydraulic side of this machine but trying to learn! Just wondered if that Gerotor drive motor could get some kind air bubble or air lock that might need to be bleed out, I didn't really think that was the issue but was hopeful, because not looking forward to pulling that heavy little bogger out again.