Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 60xt steering

Bikenstein ยท 2014-07-21 14:15

Hi guys, new here. I'm thinkin about buyin a Case 60xt tomorrow. It runs good, good tires, operates the grapple bucket that comes with it fair. It just turns slow even revved up. I have no idea if it's motors, pumps or valves that's the problem. Would like to know if the parts cost would kill the deal. I talked them down from 6 grand to 3300 but....... It turns and is usable but I wouldn't be able to put up with it like it is. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1mikebramel2014-07-21 19:57

    2 rebuilt loops are expen$ive

  2. #2KSSS2014-07-21 21:21

    There is certainly something wrong with it. You should be able to spin it in circles at will as fast as you would like. I would spend a couple hundred or have the seller pay it, but either way I would have it professionally looked at and get a quote to fix it. Spending a couple hundred upfront could save thousands later.

  3. #3Bikenstein2014-07-22 12:12

    Thanks for the advice Mike and KSSS. I checked into the costs of pumps and drive motors and decided to let this one go even though I could do the work myself. I have plenty of projects (about 18 vintage motorcycles plus additions on my house and shop, etc.).

  4. #4pafarmer2014-07-22 15:47

    18 vintage bikes ? What style ? MX , road, trials, ? ?

  5. #5Bikenstein2014-07-23 10:44

    I have a Moto Guzzi V7, Harley FXRT, Honda 305 Dream, Bridgestone 350 GTR, Bridgestone 175 DT, BSA 250 Goldstar, Ossa MAR 250, Honda CB450, Honda CB750, 3 Honda CT90's, Suzukis, Kawasakis, more Hondas, etc. I don't have any real MX bikes just old "scramblers". I love these old 60's and 70's bikes.

  6. #63X82014-07-23 11:29

    You need a Bultaco!

  7. #7Bikenstein2014-07-23 22:02

    Got one for sale?

  8. #83X82014-07-24 09:30

    Not anymore, mine are gone

  9. #9Bikenstein2014-07-24 12:49

    Too bad. My Ossa I wonder if I could find someone to trade bikes for a skidsteer? Hmmmmm

  10. #103X82014-07-24 18:14

    I'm going to guess no

  11. #11pafarmer2014-07-24 18:50

    How about a nice 72 Pursang 125...why it's upside down I have no idea..

  12. #123X82014-07-24 22:09

    Shocks moved up for more travel....

  13. #13Bikenstein2014-07-24 23:16

    I love it. My buddy has a 69 Pursang 250 that needs some parts and restoration. How old is your camera? Some of the early ones took the picture upside down