Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 621 rear driveshaft

phantoms · 2020-04-10 14:02

Have a Case 621 (no suffix) late serial number that I need to replace the rear drive shaft components (ujoints, bushing, etc.). Does anyone know how this shaft comes apart to replace the bushing? Is it threaded or is there a trick to it?

Replies5
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2020-04-14 11:59

    Here is a parts break down of center and rear drive shafts. The two halves are splined with a seal cap and the u-joints are pressed in with snap rings.

  2. #2phantoms2020-04-15 07:46

    Thank you Coy. I already have the parts book that shows that diagram. What I need to know is how cap (#15) comes off. I've tried turning it but don't it doesn't want to turn and I don't want to destroy it if I'm missing something.

  3. #3Vetech632020-04-15 07:57

    Its threaded, righty tighty, lefty loosy

  4. #4DMiller2020-04-15 08:18

    The drive line is Also 'Timed', pay attention once you remove that half you are working on as get it out of time and will shake itself to destruction.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2020-04-15 09:10

    As was stated the cap is threaded and do pay attention to how shaft comes apart. If you don’t get it back the same way you’ll get a vibration and could damage shaft and joints plus any damage if it comes out.