Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 621C Brakes issues.

atozmotors · 2024-10-05 20:32

I just recently bought a case 621C. Little over 4000 hours. It barely has any brakes. It is hydraulic brakes with discs in the hub. I noticed that they have a hydraulic brake line going to the front axle blocked off and a couple plugs unplugged. the rear axle is filling with hydraulic fluid and it is coming out of the vent tube. So I am assuming it’s going to need seals all the way around. So I plan on doing discs and seals. I just want to know if anyone has ever done them before and what it entails. Also I wanted to know if there is anything else I should be doing while doing this job. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies5
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-10-06 22:27

    Hey atozmotors it sounds like you are going to have to replace the piston seals in all four brake housings. You WILL need a service manual to do this job. These brakes are multidisc brake setup.

  2. #2atozmotors2024-10-08 07:14

    So from my understanding. You remove the hub and the planetary gears and the brake discs are right there. Is the seal right there to?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2024-10-08 07:26

    Correct, you can even do these without removing the tire n wheel. You will need a pair of large internal snap ring pliers.

  4. #4atozmotors2024-10-12 15:18

    Is there anything else that should be done while we have that split apart?

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2024-10-12 17:52

    Not really much you can see from there. But you can check how loose bearings are.