G'Day Everyone. Helping a friend with a Case 621D, the problem we have is that parkbrake won't apply. It seems to work electrically as light on dash comes on & goes off correctly but brake won’t hold. He has a seal kit for brake assembly (wow not cheap $480) so we will fit that tomorrow & go from there but any HELP would be great thanks. Cheers
Fred just make sure you keep track of the way that the belvel washers are stacked. The rest is pretty straight forword.
getting closer Thanks for your help, we had a good look at belvel springs & see what you mean, bit different what how you would think they would go in. We have learnt heaps today about trying to get a little loader to stop rolling. What we have worked out is that park brake assembly has oil pressure going to it constantly regardless of what position the park brake switch is in, even with engine shut off & master switch disengaged, Only time we were able to get park to come on was cracking breather & draining about 5 litres of oil, about the amount that would be in park brake accumulator. Brake locked on beautifully, then we ran up engine got brake pressure charged up & away she rolled again. Have checked relays & fuses & all good. I suspect that a solenoid valve is not sealing, can anyone help to where this valve may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated, is this a known problem?
Item #24 is the park brake solonoid - if this is the same setup as what you have.
Thanks Alrman, pretty neat isn't it how you can get help from around the world. Does anyone know if this valve fails will it give us our problem? Are these a good little loader or a bit problematic? Havn't had much to do with Case gear. thanks everyone
Around the world? I'm probably just up the road from you Fred! I haven't had alot of 'hands on' experience with the 621D. The 21 series is usually pretty reliable. They have been around for a long time & unfortunately the more technical they get, .....well, you know where I'm going. Transmission control problems can be a bit of a challenge & prices for tranny & axle parts can be steep. Early 621 chassis' were OVER engineered
Hey Fred did you make sure to adjust the brake properly. If it is not holding more than likely the pads have wore down to far for the previous adjustment. Another question is will the loader roll even with the engine off? If it does it is the adjustment. Because it is a spring applied hydraulicly released brake. To adjust the brake just remove the cap on the caliper. Then loosen the lock nut on the set screw. Start the loader and turn the park brake off. Screw in the set screw till it bottoms out, back it off a turn. shut the engine off and tighten up the lock nut again. See how that works out for you.
G'Day Hornet adjustment is right & pads are new, problem is that there is oil pressure going to Park Brake assembly all the time regardless of what position switch is in, even when engine is off till park brake accumalator pressure drops off, once no pressure in system spring pack takes over & applies park brake. cheers
Hey Fred ok it sounds like you are getting constant presssure to the caliper. Another thing you can check is the spool that the park brake solenoid controls. Remove the solenoid and unscrew the spool from the brake valve. Have a good look at it, making sure there is no damage to the o rings and back up rings. Then take an o ring pick or a small screw driver and see if you can move the spool manually. You should be able to push it in and the spring should push it back. Give that a shot.
I rebuilt my parking brake on 621D, however when I opened it up the washers fell to the floor and I’m unsure how to re stack can anyone chime in please?
Hey Scrapguy1 did you get an answer to your question yet?
Yes I did, I found where the Bellevue washers are supposed to be stacked opposite of one another. Took apart brake and restacked washers… works like a dream now! Thank you for the follow up!
Can you explain what you mean stacked opposite? Have a used machine that the park brake doesn’t work running or not, trying to explore everything before I dive into something electrical. If this makes sense, this is how mine are oriented from back to front of machine. ))(()) are you saying they should be ()()()?
You are going to rebuild park brake with seal kit but when the belvue washers come out pay attention to their orientation. Yours look correct also but I Stacked them like this ()()() like a spring. They are curved and compress under hydraulic pressure. Hope this helps
I am glad to read this thread, I will be attempting to fix the same issue Fred was having. Starting with a seal kit first @ $550. I hope it solves the leaking oil problem.
Does anyone have the actual factory recommended stacking pattern for the washers? When I took mine apart they were obviously wrong.
()()()() should be stacked something like that, cup to cup.