I purchase a 1981 Case 680H and when I use the extendahoe it leaks hydraulic fluid inside the dipper like a siv . Assuming that the issue is just a hydraulic hose, can I replace them without removing the bucket and extendohoe dipper? I was thinking if I just removed the top extendahoe cylinder cross pin, I could extend the piston a few inches out of the enclosed dipper towards the elbow, just enough to access the cylinder hose fittings. The 680H is larger than the the 580 so there is more room to work inside the dipper. Is this a workable shortcut? If not how can I take off the extendahoe dipper in my backyard without a hoist or second machine? How much does the extendhoe dipper portion weigh. Thanks in advance for the help! Ron
Don't know myself, but I see in the near future I will have to change mine on my 580C extendahoe.
I had a 680 G, which looks to be the same as the H, as far as the extendahoe goes. I never tried changing one by working inside the dipper. You can disconnect the hoses from the underside of the boom, take the top pin out, and slide the top end of the cylinder all the way out of the dipper far enough to change hoses. Start with the extendahoe all the way in, and you should have enough cylinder travel to do it. It also helps to be 30 years younger than I am now. (Be careful, because when you have the hoses disconnected, and pull that end out, it'll extend the cylinder, and lots of fluid will squirt out at you. Don't ask me how I know...)
May have skipped some parts because I forgot something. Find flat area. Remove bucket. Figure out a stack of pallets so extendahoe is parallel to ground and just touching the pallets and a couple shims (note word parallel). Remove lines that operate bucket cylinder and cap, restart tractor, set extendahoe on pallets, disconnect extendahoe ram, drive tractor forward carefully and try to remember details of parking alignment .... then work on inner dipper and extendahoe ram and associated hoses. The wear guides will likely need attention and maybe some screws helicoiled, etc. Left hand drill bit and all that fun. Drive tractor (in reverse) extendahoe portion into part on the pallets - use care when stroking ram - reinstall pins hoses and bucket etc etc
Guys thanks for the advice!! I will keep you posted on my progress. Meanwhile I am soaking the top extendahoe cylinder pin everyday with penatrating oil. I can't do anything until I get that pin unsiezed as it fused with rust.
You may have to lance it. I don't know why case left out so many grease zerks off their machines. I mean come on, non greasable bucket pins is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk