Hello, I just bought a 688 case today and was wondering if anyone had a lead on after market parts? Namely pins and bushings at this point? Any help is greatly appreciated. Erin
Uh, oh; hopefully I'm wrong, but my little bit of experience with those has led me to consider those to be Case's red headed stepchildren. I found very little support for those from Case or the aftermarket. I hope somebody on here knows something better to tell you, as I've only worked on one. Case bought them from a French company (Poclain? I don't remember for sure). Like I say, I hope I'm wrong, because I only worked on one a few times before my customer sold it, and I've always believed you couldn't know much from one experience. Good Luck, Mitch
Well that's not encouraging.
Yeah, I know, sorry. I started not to post it, hopefully that's just my experience and yours will be different. It really did seem to a solid well built machine, just every time I needed a part it had to come by camel caravan from outer Mongolia.
Earlier i called the local case dealer and they had all the pins and bushings on hand except one pin, buttttt it was $3800 for the mess of them. I knew it would be high. Not having been around excavators, this machine looks to be solid. Only problem was all the p's and b's were shot. Erin
Wow, how many joints does that cover?
Supposed to have been a quote for everyone of them.
Mitch504, do you know if the 9010 pins fit? And what buckets would be compatible?
That's 13 or so pins, and 30 something bushings, if it includes the cylinder pins, that's cheap. I'm sure the 9010 won't share any parts, because the 90 series are made in Japan by Sumitumo. They are identical to Link Belts. I have no guess on buckets.
The 88 series was a good machine, strong and powerful. They are a case poclain machine, and are still made and sold in other parts of the world but not in the us. They needed a radio and a/c for the us market and the only optional equipment at the time was a longer dipper stick and a extra single hyd group. There is still two working around here along with a 888 and a 1088. I would change your lube in the swing box and final drives, it takes 135-H EP gear lube in both swing 2.0-3.7 QT depending on s/n and finals around 1.75 QT per side. The hyd system (tank) holds around 21-26 gal with the oil blue in color (poclain oil) with all the anti-wear additives. The price does not sound that bad for the pins and bushings. Other than the engine there is not many after market parts out there, most hoses are four wire on that machine also in the main hyd system. A good parker hose dealer with metric fittings and others can make your hoses if needed. Was this the machine with the mag and gen that was for sale up north a few weeks ago.
Ty sheepfoot for the response. No this was a Craigslist buy. The hydraulic oil is green in color. Should I change it? Are you saying that there is an air conditioner in this unit? Erin
Nope, he's saying the reason case quit selling Poclain in the US and started selling Sumitomo is because Poclain couldn't or wouldn't put in A/C.
Dear Erin Please check this link may be it can help you. http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::model_find Regards,
Hi is there anybody out there that can help me out! I've just bought a case poclain 61/688 and we need the front nose tool box. Dose anybody know of anyone breaking one. Thanks.