Hello could someone help me with a few problems with a case 688b. After about 30 minutes of use the excavator will not swing left or right also a lack of lifting power when bucket is full.
Sounds to me like as the oil warms up it gets thinner ,with wear in pumps and Or motors the oil by passes taking away power.
Thanks for your reply what do you think my next move should be? What parts in the pump would need to be changed or would I need to be thinking about changing the pump as I am on a tight budget.
I wouldn't do any thing till I had it pressure tested and flow tested.I am not one to just start replacing parts ,that can get very expensive
Pull the hydraulic filters and check for metal will save ya a trip out from the dealership and it will be one of the things the tech does. if ya find metal then hook some gauges up to check pressures,unfornately case no longer offers pumps for this old of a unit.