Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 75XT coolant light

Decerebrate · 2023-11-23 10:36

Last week I noticed that my coolant temperature warning light was on, I immediately stoped running the equipment and checked coolant level. Everything was fine, no boil over, but for good measure I replaced the coolant, cleaned the fins, confirmed the serpentine belt was functioning. This didn’t fix this issue. On a cold start the light is off, as the skid steer warms up the light goes from very dim to brighter, but not as bright as the lap bar light. This time i had my temp gun with me, nothing read over the 156 degree mark, i know the thermostat is working because after start up and 5-10 minutes of running (just moving the skid steer) the radiator was cold @ 55 degrees. after about 15-20 minutes of light use it was up to 140 but the temp light was on. As i understand, that is well below the operating temp of a 4bt cummins. I’m thinking it could be a corroded temp sender, can someone please send me the location of the temp sender or give me any advice?

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2023-11-23 15:18

    Congratulations on your first post @Decerebrate What you describe sounds typical of a faulty sensor. When you look down on to the engine, from the rear of the machine, it will be on top of the cylinder head, near where the top radiator hose joins the thermostat housing. Part number should be 1345488C2

  2. #2stefuel2023-11-24 19:22

    Yours is newer then mine That said, my high temp light shouldn't come on until 220 degrees plus or minus 5 degrees. I think you need a new sensor assuming your measurements are correct.