Have a 830 case o matic 1965 or 1966 not sure. Have had many problems, use to run very good, and then started having issues after running a while it would bog down like striving for fuel, after shutting off for while would do the same thing. Now I have taken the carb apart 7 times now & can not get tractor to do more then start a run for 1 second and not more then 1 second & die. Even with shooting starting fliud into direct carb intake it will die & will not keep running. Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue? Thanks for any help
check the coil
Oh how I despise spark ignition engines, there's just so many things that can make them go ka-put. :Banghead Agree with RHINO, check the ignition system before getting stuck with it being a carb problem.
Have you let fuel run from the fuel line with the carburetor detached? Make sure you don't have an obstruction in the fuel delivery. Is that machine gravity fed or does it have a fuel pump?
830 case Carburetor & possible Distributor sorry for the late reply, it is gravity feed and yes I have took the line off & it seems to have a good supply to the carb. I have put new plugs in yesterday, now I have just got new wires (have not put on yet but will soon) I am now trying to find a new dist cap which is being a big deal to find. This tractor has a wico Dist. Model Db part# x30234d there seems to be none out there. in the summer before doing hay one day it was running good & then it cut out I done minor adjustments & it run fine for some time. Now before it went completely out it would run for approx. 15 min & when you asked for strong pull it would act like it was starving for fuel. Now it will only start for 1 second & die period no matter if you are spraying starting fluid or not. I don't know if it might be electrical. Stumped bad?? I need to find dist cap if anyone knows any where that would also be a start. Thanks for any help.
Again, I agree with Rhinos Trannys, sounds like an ignition problem, you have to start there, making sure you have spark. Gawd I hate spark engines. :Banghead
I agree with Willie now that you've mentioned it not running on ether. I did a little searching on Google, could this be what you are looking for? https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Distributor_Cap_Wico_p/108299.htm