Have a 2000 model 850H. the trans quit pushing in low gear. The drive shaft is turning but the machine doesn't move. It will reverse and move . Have not check other gears , what do I need to look for and where to check pressures? Only put 20 hrs on it since bought in July. Would the low gear clutch packs be bad?
I'm having the same problem with my year 2000 850h dozer. Once it gets hot she quits pushing. did you find out what the problem was or is ?
The transmission had to be removed and rebuilt. around 12k. The clutch packs were worn out and when they got warm would slip.
I was afraid of that. Thank you, for the information. I'll let you know what all it takes to get it back running and if the clutch packs are burnt up.
I don't think you will know until you run some pressure tests. You may have a small problem easily solved. There is a guy on here that is a wiz on Case machines , he may chime in.
We will do a pressure test and see if we have the correct pressure. We also will replace all the hydraulic hoses just in case they are collapsing as well when they get hot. He can chime in at anytime he wants..........I sure need to get this machine running again and running right. Thank you for your help, Sir!
Hello just jim! Is your driveshaft also not turning while the machine is not moving & in gear? Is reverse also affected? Have you inspected the transmission suction screen? How long since last service? Cut open the trans filter & check for lining material. Check pressure while cold - in neutral & in fwd low & high. Then check when warm - in neutral & in fwd - low & high. Advise what you find.
Thank you, Alrman. I have cleaned the trans suction screen and there was alot of junk in it.( Looked like an old shop towel, some little pieces of plastic or something like that. I bought this machine last year and cleared land for 10 months before she started losing power it has 3400 hr's.) Then we replaced the torque converter , and the gear oil pump. We had no gages at the time to test the pressure but we have some ordered and on the way. I'll check everything you mentioned and we'll see what happens.
just jim , your in good hands now.
Sorry for taking so long to get back with all of you. I changed out the torque converter, gear oil lube pump, hydraulic supply line hoses and still had the same problem. I then checked all the working pressures when I got the right connections and gages I had ordered. The torque converter pressure valve had been set to almost max on the pressure side. Right at 320 psi. I got it set at 285 and gave it a test run doing some heavy pushing for 2 hours or so before she quit pushing again do to the oil over heating and the torque converter not engaging. I then took the thermal heat control valve out and took it apart. Someone had removed the all the inside working parts for some reason in the past. the oil was just running back to the reserve tank and by passing the cooler. I got a new one and got it back in the machine but as luck has it. The rain started and rained for a week so I had no way of really giving it a go and seeing if this was the problem all along. Maybe next week I'll be able to give it a run and test it. It runs like a champ when shes cool but once it gets hot it shuts down. It's been interesting to say the least.
It possibly was getting hot before - If they removed the thermostat, thinking that was going to fix it? I'll be interested to know what happens when you try it out. good luck! :drinkup
I sure will let you know. Just hope there is no other reason for them to do that or some other problem with the cooling system that will have to be replaced. We'll see. Thank you, again.