Need help 850 k won't move, fault light on code 4533?
Hey guys new to the site. I have an 850 k dozer open cab. It started acting funny and won't track straight. Just installed new rails and sprockets, less than 2 hours ago. I was doing a little clearing when it just stopped moving and the fault light with the gear and exclamation point come on. The only fault showing is 4533. As soon as you clear the faults it comes on same code again.any help appreciated
If you search down the older posts there is lots of information on the 850K. Seems like cleaning the fuses and relays cured a lot of problems.
850k Ok got the dozer moving, it was the 1 amp fuse, however it won't track straight. It keeps swapping from side to side. First it will be slow on the right side, then the left and after you run it for about 30 minutes it blows the 1 amp fuse again. I read an earlier post that it shoul have 120 ohms at pins 3 and4 on the x 50 connector. Mine is reading 146 ohms. Anyone have this problem
4533* Directional control forward/reverse axis faulted. Does this machine have a winch on it? Does it have a cab? The 1 amp fuse only powers the sensors, and signal wires from the controller. Check your brake pot, and throttle pot wires. Also look at the travel motor wiring. Your CAN ohm reading is a little too high, but ok. You will get a communication fault if that was your issue. Any new faults on? Or just when the 1 amp fuse blows?
Gary Hoff the dozer is open cab with no winch. Finally got it to quit blowing the fuse by installing a 5 amp, now the only code I get is 4512?
Also the machine seems to operate fair with only a glitch ever now and then on the left track. That's when it gives the code.
I cant find code 4512 in the book. Can you double check if that's the right code coming up.
Sorry Gary Hoff it's 4312
4312 :Right speed sensor out of range. You likely have rubbed wires to the speed sensors or possible a failed speed sensor. Ohm the speed sensors, left and right. Check the wiring to the travel motors. I have also seen water in the electrical connectors cause funny issues too. I saw one where the ac condensation drain was dripping onto a connector, and filling it with water.
Ok so checked the speed sensors , left side nearly all wires were naked right side seems to look ok. Not sure which pins to ohm and what the reading should be
So you repaired the wires for the left side? Is it working properly now?
No as it turns out , upon further inspection the right side wires had bare spots also . So I put heat shrink on those. Dozer operates ok but still get light on dash just momentarily and code 4312f
I ordered a service manual last week. It should be in this week, do you think it will have the info I need to check the ohms on the track speed sensors?
The service manual does not contain the resistance spec of the speed sensors. Just compare the left side vs the right side. Its more likely that you still have wiring issues.