I'm trying to get the equipment pump removed from the balehousing on this case 855D tracloader. Anyone with information on this I would appreciate the feedback. Thank you
Welcome to HEF @jeremy35 There is an adapter shaft (50) to drive the hydraulic pump - on the 855D it runs in a dry compartment (39), sealed (38) from transmission oil & the hyd oil. The splines get very worn & it is obviously jammed up with interlocking worn spline teeth. Get someone to rotate the engine back & forward a little while you try to pull the pump. OR it just may be rusted in place....... 855D's eat those adapter shafts & pump splines because of this design. 1150's use exatly the same set up - but are wet, running in trans oil & the splines never wear out. **TIP - You can modify it to be wet quite easily, & make the splines last much longer. There is a tell tale drain opening in #39 plate - braze up that opening using a bolt / or some round or square bar as a filler & grind flat. Eliminate seal #38 Eliminate expansion plug #51 Make a gasket for the front of the hyd pump. First of all my guess is, you have to repair the problem you are currently dealing with
Would you happen to know any tricks to getting number 52 removed off shaft to be able to dismantle pump
That snap ring retains the adapter gear (#50) inside the drive gear (#41) Without removing the pump, you cannot access the snap ring.
I've gotten the pump off of the torque converter balehousing. Now I'm trying to take gear hub off the drive gear from the pump.
Oh I see! Remove the expansion plug from the end of the gear hub & try using a puller. Might be a good idea to give it a good soaking of penetrating oil before you do that.