Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 85xt. Auxiliary pressure relief valve help

Jsgibbs90 ยท 2023-07-13 12:49

I have a 2004 I believe Case 85xt. Here's my problem. I just purchased this skid and when I went to use my grapple it operates open and close great BUT when it reaches full open or full close the pressure backs up and locks the pump and either snaps the shaft on the pump or completely kills the motor from pressure causing the pump to lock. I know where the main relief valve is and I've taken it out and cleaned it but I think the auxiliary has its open relief valve because when I reach full tilt or lift with my loader it relieves pressure and doesn't lock up the motor. Can anyone help with location or advice on how to fix this

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2023-07-13 22:50

    We may need a little more information. Is the loader control valve a 3 spool? or 2 spool a seperate aux valve? Auxiliary is operated by foot pedal? I'm guessing this machine does not have a 4in1 bucket? Does it have the self levelling option?

  2. #2Jsgibbs902023-07-13 22:53

    Foot pedal auxiliary No I don't have a 4 in 1 Yes self leveling And as far as spool I know the pedal operators the spool for the auxiliary lines.